Thursday, August 4, 2011

Expression

Well like I have already stated, I have always loved to write.. whether it be poems or lyrics...anything to help me express things that I can't seem to say, but can write. Hence why I started this blog.. I have way to many thoughts going through my head and I need a place to let them out. I am always nervous about writing and then showing people because I am afraid of what they might think.. but I am getting over my insecurities and I am going to share something that I have written and see what the insight and thoughts are of others. If there are any :) 


The Perfect Fairytale Night
just a chill in the air
beautiful sunset and sandy beach 
and not a single care.


Being here with you
holding your hand
looking into your eyes
and floating off land.


Never feeling this way before
my insides like a little girls
the feelings of safety and love
are sending my mind in a whirl.


Wrapped in your arms
eyes are closed tight
not wanting to open and see
it was all a dream in the night.


Open my eyes to find out
still wrapped in your arms tight
just a chill in the air
My Perfect Fairytale Night.


I know that this is nothing spectacular or anything, but the memory behind this is what makes it one of my very favorites!  I usually only write about the happy, lovey dovey kind of things because when I write about sad topics it makes me depressed and angry, so I have tried to focus on the more happy thoughts! :) 


I started to get the writing bug when a good friend of mine was writing music of his own. He is such a talented and amazing person who is too humble to admit his incredible abilities, but that's what I am here for! We started talking about music a lot and about his songs that he has written and I decided that I was going to try to start writing more. And there you go.. I don't do it as often as I would like, but when I do it helps me so much. Helps me put all of my fears, doubts and insecurities into something that I can see and become aware of, and then hopefully change. 


"For me, writing is an exploration; and most of the time, I'm surprised where the journey takes me."
Jack Dann

No comments:

Post a Comment