Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a New Chapter! Let it begin!!

January 1, 2012.. Crazy how fast another year went! I can't believe it, and what a year! This year was a pretty trying one, but with great friends and family I made it! And there is so much more to look forward to, not only with this next year, but years and years down the road!

This year is going to be especially great for me as I go off to college again. But this time it is a little different.. why you might ask? Because I am going to be there alone.. Yes there will be five thousand plus students there with me, but it is going to be the first time that I am attending college without my sister, or other family members being there. My first two years of college she was right there with me whenever I needed her, and then the last year and a half I have been with the rest of my family while she was gone. But this year it is all up to me! It is my year to grow and become my own person and really figure myself out. Which isn't going to be easy, but it will be amazing!

I will be going back to the college that I started at, so I am comfortable there and know plenty of people, but this time around it is a new adventure for me! I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to even be attending a University and getting the education that I want. This past year has taught me a lot about true friends and those who are just in your life for a brief moment, but were there for a reason which was for you to learn something from them. And believe me I have learned so much.

I have been blessed with so many wonderful people who have been involved in my life in some way or another. It is absolutely amazing. I have learned what it takes to become a good friend, what it takes for a friendship to dissolve, how to take others advice, how to give advice, to listen, learn and love.

I am ready for this new year and the new opportunities and trials ahead! I am ready for the chance to have a new slate and to be able to write my own story this year!
Make this year one to remember!!
Bring on 2012!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Reach for the stars Kayla! I know you will grab one and shine bright for all the world to see. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete